Kid Pleasing Strawberry Cupcakes
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs.
- Stir with a spoon until well blended.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full with remaining batter.
- Using spoon, make slight indentation in center of each cup; fill with heaping 1/2 teaspoonful of the preserves.
- Spoon remaining 1 1/2 cups batter evenly over each filled cup; covering preserves.
- (Muffin cups should be 3/4 full).
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator.
My daughter made these for a Cupcake War type challenge at her elementary school carnival. She did not win 1st, but she came in 3rd. They were fantastic and stayed moist unlike some of the other cupcakes entered. The only thing that didn't really work is that I bought strawberry fruit spread for the filling which turned brown after she baked it-so I would recommend using a jam that will keep it's color after baking. She also made buttercream frosting to top them, and instead of coloring the frosting she used crushed freeze dried strawberries mixed in to it.. they worked and it tasted great.
I thought these were super delicious!!! My older daughter didn't like them, but she doesn't like any cake/cupcakes/frosting, so that's not out of the norm. But the rest of us loved them. I served them with purple cream cheese frosting them decorated them with marshmallaw flowers as requested for my youger daughter's birthday treat for school! I will make these again! Can't wait to try the sour cream with Chocolate cake mix and raspberry preserves!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>