Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
“Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry” Friends and family request my Yummy 7 Layer salad Yummy 7 Layer Salad. Now I just made it Yummier! A Party Salad thats Crisp, Crunchy and Refreshing. Make the day before for ease of the party day. Travels well so make it, bring it and watch it disappear. Oven Cooked Bacon With Black Pepper and Brown Sugar is an easy method and tasty on the salad.
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into pieces
- 236.59 ml Baby Spinach, washed and spun dry
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml celery, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml petite baby carrots, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 59.14 ml very thinly sliced red onion
- 170.09 g sharp cheddar cheese (add more to taste) or 170.09 g monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked nice and crisp crumbled into pieces
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml sugar (adjust to taste)
- 4.92 ml minced chives
- 177.44 ml Greek yogurt
- 28.34 g package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 14.79 ml white balsamic vinegar
- Layer first 8 ingredients, one at a time, in a large glass bowl so you can see each layer.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour evenly over the salad in the bowl.
- Add a layer of cheese, then a layer of bacon.
- Chill overnight.
- To serve using tongs go straight down into the salad to get all the layers.
- Make in individual margarita glasses. I would shred the lettuces for ease for eating out of the glass. It`s a nice way to use leftover ingredients from the main salad as well. This way you can bring the trifle to a pot luck and have two for home. ;).
Delicious salad. I omitted the corn. I also chose to grate the carrot and used extra old cheddar.
I love recipes with the flexibility of ingredients for (1) personal preference (2) that most people have on hand and (3) allow for easy substitution. Since it was difficult to layer everything in my shallow Margarita glasses, I combined all the veggies into a single layer except for the halved grape tomatoes that I added. I omitted the cucumber & iceberg lettuce as I didn't have any & I substitutued baked tortilla strips for the bacon. I made no changes to the dressing which was very tasty!
This would be perfect dish for a pot luck ........... just reserve the dressing until serving time!
So nice! I used romaine and mixed baby greens, left out the cucumber nad bacon. Great layered salad. Thanks.