Recipe by Karen=^..^=
My family loves funnel cakes...that is one reason they always want to visit the travelling carnivals in our area. This recipe makes a pretty good funnel cake and the ingredients are usually handy.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the eggs, milk and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, powder and salt and beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In a chicken fryer or electric skillet, heat at least a half inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- (I used a chicken fryer and had to keep the heat on high the whole time) Using a measuring cup or a funnel (keep your finger over the bottom of the funnel) and using a about a 1/2 cup of batter, release your finger and move the funnel or measuring cup in a spiral motion, forming the cake.
- (Pour from several inches above the hot oil) Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove with tongs and place on paper plate or paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust each with confectioner's sugar and serve warm.