Country Fair Funnel Cakes
- Ready In:
4-5 funnel cakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- oil, for deep-frying
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and brown sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into funnel.
- Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet, release finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter is released (scraping funnel with a rubber spatula if needed).
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
- (Note that the batter can be poured from a liquid measuring cup instead of a funnel.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In Memory of Maxie, a beloved pet who we love and miss so very much. Our sweet Maxie was a black lab who wss put to sleep because of stomache cancer. 1997 - October 31, 2007 In Memory of Cheech, a beloved pet who we love and miss so much. March 1996 - July 9, 2005 In memory of Tanner, a beloved pet I love and miss you. July 15, 1999 - February 14, 2004 I live in Missouri, USA. I am a stay at home mom to 2 boys. Chance - January 1999 and Blake April 2005. My favorite cookbooks are: Kitchen Secrets by Reader's Digest, The Phillsbury Cookbook, Cambell's Favorite Recipes, Dinner On Hand by Kraft, The Complete Holiday Cookbook, Taste of Home Cookbooks, and a few family cookbooks. My favorite recipe sites are: Recipe_Center (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Recipe_Center/), Classy Clones (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Classy_Clones/), www.Recipezaar.com, www.Cooking.com, www.MyMeals.com, www.Cambellkitchen.com, www.copykat.com, www.verybestbaking.com, www.allrecipe.com, www.recipesource.com and www.topsecretrecipes.com I have 3 pets. Oreo, male cat Drake, Yellow Koi (fish) Rocky, Turtle