FOR CREAM FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together all filling ingredients except chocolate chips. (cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt).
- Add chocolate chips and set aside.
- Mix cake ingredients together.
- Fill cupcake papers 1/3 full then using a teaspoon put 1 spoonful of filling mixture in center of each cupcake.
- Fill papers another 1/3 with cake ingredients.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and serve (if they make it through the cooling stage).