Recipe by Nonnie4Two
From Land O Lakes, a wonderful recipe, easily tweaked using your favorite yogurt flavor.
Top Review by Demelza
Great muffin! I just made a batch this morning. I used peach yogurt and added about a cup of diced fresh peaches. I didn't have any half and half, so subbed some milk and it worked fine. I sprinkled coarse sugar on top before baking. I usually make medium size muffins and the recipe made 24 muffins. I will definitely be making these muffins again. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted*
- 8 ounces flavored yogurt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or complementary extract)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, yogurt, egg, fat free half & half and almond extract in large bowl.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 to 19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Can be glazed with your favorite glaze recipe.