Recipe by Little Old Me
Another great basic.. Updated! For "Gift-in-a-Jar" fans this makes a great dry mix. Also great sprinkled over pot roast or chicken.
Top Review by Suzie
My ex-husband's family was Italian, and my father-in-law would always make his dressing from scratch. I have tried for years to duplicate...to no avail. Until now. Thank you sooo much for a wonderful recipe. Next time, though, I'm going to cut back on the oregano. It calls for more oregano than I personally care for. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all and store in a ziplock bag or an air tight container. This will keep for about 3 months.
- To prepare dressing, mix together 1/4 white vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.
- Fridge for at least an hour before serving.