1/2 Photos of You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka Cream Pasta
* Pamela *'s Note:
I saw this on Oprah when Rachael Ray was a guest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes.
- 2Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper as much as you like.
- 3While sauce simmers, cook pasta in until cooked to al dente.
- 4Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- 5This recipe will make enough for 2 couples. To serve a romantic dinner just for 2, reserve half the sauce to freeze for another supper before the addition of basil, and only cook half the pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka Cream Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 430.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 21.1 g