Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this on Oprah when Rachael Ray was a guest.
Make and share this You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka Cream Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper as much as you like.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in until cooked to al dente.
- Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- This recipe will make enough for 2 couples. To serve a romantic dinner just for 2, reserve half the sauce to freeze for another supper before the addition of basil, and only cook half the pasta.
This was very good, and very easy. I am only giving it 4 stars tho, because when made as the recipe states, I too found it to be a bit bland. I added more basil, a tablespoon of sugar (needed it to balance the flavor, not to make it sweet) and a good handful of grated Romano cheese. I served it with Cheesecake Factory Romano Chicken Cheesecake Factory Romano Chicken, and a thick slice of a good roasted garlic bread. It was really good.
Very yummy sauce!
We love this stuff! Usually double it so we have leftovers for lunches and sometimes add a pound of browned Italian sausage.