I saw this on Oprah when Rachael Ray was a guest.
Make and share this You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka Cream Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper as much as you like.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in until cooked to al dente.
- Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- This recipe will make enough for 2 couples. To serve a romantic dinner just for 2, reserve half the sauce to freeze for another supper before the addition of basil, and only cook half the pasta.