Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipie came from the Hersheys web page, but I tweked it a bit to make them moister.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa or 3⁄4 cup Hershey's dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) packageyork bites chocolate-covered mint candies
- 2 tablespoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition.
- Add cocoa; beat until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes; remove pan from oven.
- Cover top of brownies with YORK Bites, spacing evenly.
- Place back in oven.
- Continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.