Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine makes this on occasion
Make and share this Yolie's Unique Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced)
- 10 sliced black olives
- 6 ounces mixed vegetables (drained)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (diced)
- salt or pepper
- 1 cup salad dressing or 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all the ingredients, and serve on
- bread or alone.
I must say that I was unsure about adding the mixed veggies; but did. Interesting flavors. Really liked the jalapeno and sliced olives with the tuna. The lettuce gave it a little crunch. Next time, think I replace the mixed veggies with corn--cut from the cob--frozen (thawed)peas and chopped fresh carrots for even more crunchiness. Made for My 3 Chefs, Theme: Tuna.