Recipe by Irmgard
These tasty muffins have strawberry jam in the centre, as well being glazed with it. Great for breakfast or with a cup of coffee.
Top Review by KitchenKelly
I followed the directions exactly and for some reason i came out with a very dense, untasty muffin that stuck to the paper liners. I don't know if maybe it was the yogurt i used, but I definitely did not omit any ingredients- I wouldn't recommend this one, they were totally unedible.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a nonstick muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk, yogurt, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon enough batter into the prepared muffin pan to fill the cups just under half full.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of jam in the centre of each cup and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack.
- Warm the remaining jam in the microwave for 30 seconds and then brush over the tops of the muffins.
- Let cool completely.