Fat-Free Strawberry Banana Yogurt Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, pureed with juice (9 oz, makes approx. 1 cup pureed)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) container banana baby food
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (depending on your sweet tooth!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, and mix in strawberries, yogurt, baby food, extract, and Stevia.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well blended.
- Separate into 12 lightly sprayed muffin tins, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from tins and cool on a wire rack. These muffins keep best in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/kitchen 1-12-08 035 tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/WILD NOV 1 2007 018 resized tiny.jpg"> Me in my kitchen, and at the Wild game. I am a photographer, portrait and fine art, and I am a yoga instructor. Besides cooking, I enjoy fitness and yoga, reading, organizing, gardening, puzzles, family, and HOCKEY. GO WILD!!!! I love to cook for my large husband...he is a natural powerbuilder and has a lot of muscle to feed. People ask how he got so "huge" and he has to answer, my cooking of course! We both work out a lot, so we eat a lot of healthy food...I cook a LOT! The recipes I post and save to my cookbooks are usually healthy and lower calorie, or can be adapted to be so. <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Garlic tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Press It tiny.jpg"> Garlic is the best! <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 210 EDIT GRIT BORDER tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 192 HARD LIGHT ILL GRIT BORDER2 tiny.jpg"> Yummy veggies!