Recipe by Derf
This is so simple a recipe that I hesitate to post it, but we love it and it is delicious!
Top Review by Browntrees
Thanks for this recipe base Derf! I NEVER thought about making Cod or any fish this way but I tried it and it turned out really good! I used 1.5lbs of fresh Cod that I cut into 4-5 inch squares and I used 6 TBLS Whole milk/cream plain Greek Probiotic Yogurt that I flavored with the spices from recipe #28199 (Baked Salmon)... 5 Garlic cloves (minced) 2 Tsp. Dried Basil 2 Tsp. Sea Salt ½ Tsp. Ground Black Pepper 2 Tbls. Fresh Lemon Juice 1 Tbls. Dried Parsley I marinated the cod in this yogurt mixture in a bowl for 2 hrs then placed the cod on a non-stick cookie sheet & topped with the remaining yogurt mixture. Next, I baked it for 15 minutes then moved it up to the broiler for 10 more minutes as I had relatively thick portions of Cod. Divine!!! I served it with Pureed Cauliflower and Scalloped Potatoes. I WILL be making this again. Soon!!
- 2 (226.79 g) cod fish fillets
- salt & pepper
- 100 g containerprobiotic yogurt (your choice of flavour, we like peach)
- vegetables, spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of cod.
- Place cod in a shallow, small, oven proof dish; spread yogurt over top of both fillets.
- Place on middle rack of preheated oven, roast for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cod and until the yogurt is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Alternately, cook on stove top in a small preheated, veggie sprayed frypan, do not turn over, cover for the last 5 minutes; it will not brown cooked this way but will taste just as good.