Recipe by cuisinebymae
I like this better than banana bread made with white flour. It is moist and delicious!
Top Review by Canadian_in_the_Bay
This banana bread was decent. I really disliked the flavour from the lemon juice. Maybe a bit of vanilla extract might be better? My husband liked it but I probably won't be making this again. I will say this though: it was VERY VERY moist.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in lemon juice, bananas, and yogurt.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well.
- Fold in nuts and rind.
- Pour into a greased a floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F.
- for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.