Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is great served at the end of a spicy meal - Indian / Thai anything with a bit of a spice- the recipe is from a old Oriental Dinner Party Cookbook. Mind you I've also had it as a breakfast. I often don't even bother with the sugar, particularly if I'm using canned mangoes. It tastes great, can be prepared in advance & it easy to make - What more could you ask for.
- 1 mango, chopped (400g Can of Mango Slices works just a well)
- 1 (200 g) carton plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Puree mango in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add toasted almonds; blend or process until almonds are finely chopped.
- Place mango and almond mixture in a bowl add yogurt, sugar, cinnamon, mix well.
- Serve with a selection of fresh fruit- bananas, grapes, fresh figs, peaches, pineapple, etc.
Exactly as advertised; tastes great and it's easy. Only thing I would change is the name. This is more the texture of a dressing than a dip. Could be just a difference in semantics or in the thickness of the yogurt available in our respective countries. At any rate, it's wonderful.