Recipe by Lalaloula
These muffins are fluffy, soft and very yummy! They feature three types of flour and use yoghurt in place of milk to give them a softer texture. They taste rather sweet if you use the sugar, but you could also turn them into savoury bites by adding some ground chili or other spices to the dough. Feel free to play with this basic recipe.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very moist for being so low in fat. I used shredded mozarella because I had some that needed using, but would be better with a stronger cheese, like cheddar. Some add-ins like jalapeno or cumin would be good if serving with chili.
- 125 g fine polenta or 125 g cornmeal
- 55 g flour (I use spelt)
- 70 g whole wheat flour (I use spelt)
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 125 g yoghurt
- 59.14 ml water, about
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 g corn kernels (I use canned)
- 125 g cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (polenta through to sugar) and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl combine yoghurt and egg. Add corn kernels, water and cheese if using. Mix well and pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix to form a soft, thick dough. If it its too dry, add more water tbs by tbs until your dough looks right (it should be creamy and thick, very much like cake dough).
- Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and baked through.