Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yeah Mon! This cool and refreshing fruit salsa is a perfect side accompaniment for tempering the heat of your favorite grilled jerk seasoned meat. Cooking time is the time to chill. Submitted for RSC #8.
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark spiced rum (Captain Morgan's)
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- salt, to taste
- Combine all and toss.
- Chill in fridge.
- Meanwhile, share the remaining rum left in the bottle with friends, drinking until you can see the bottom of the bottle.
- Remove salsa from fridge if you can find it.
- Serve with grilled jerk chicken or pork.
I love this salsa! It is a bit sweet, but I think it will be perfect on my Jerk Chicken! Served with Jerk Chicken, Rice Verde, and Caribbean Coleslaw.
Prepared for an international feastival. Paired with Carribbean Jerk Chicken (Recipe #60846). Was delicious prepared just as written. I used fresh young coconut.
This was probably one of the best fruit salsa's I have ever made...great flavor