Recipe by cookalot #2
This recipe is from "Discover The Pulse Potential" cookbook. I usually double this recipe as it is low fat, filling, tastes good, and lasts all weekend so I can do other things besides cook. I use low fat ham.
Top Review by ladypit
Oh wow this was good. I douvled the recipe and quadrupled the ham (turkey ham) because I had two cups in a bag. I used beef bouillon amd a few less carrots then called for. This was flavorful and filling and wonderful with some bread and oranges. Thanks!
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 -2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 3⁄4 cup chopped potato
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine peas, water, bouillon, onion, carrot, potato, ham, and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45-60 min, or until peas are tender and soup has thickened.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Just before serving add pepper.