Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This recipe was given to my mom from a lady who works with her. I love it and so does my husband, and he hates squash.
Top Review by Donna
I LOVE this recipe! it is so good! the only thing I would do any different is bake the crust a bit first as the egg and butter sort of made mine not get as crisp as it should, this is easy and delicious and is perfect for summer and all that squash... I made mine with yellow as I have that growing and I am glad that I have alot because I can't wait to make this again, it will be a huge hit at potlucks and bbq's this summer. thanks so much for the recipe.
- 4 cups zucchini (can mix the squash if desired) or 4 cups yellow squash, chopped into cubes (can mix the squash if desired)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet. Add squash, onions, salt and pepper, and spices. Cook until tender.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs and the cheese; add to the squash mixture.
- Line one 10 inch pie pan or a square pan with the rolled out cresent rolls. Spread 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard on the crust. Pour the squash mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.