This recipe was given to my mom from a lady who works with her. I love it and so does my husband, and he hates squash.
- 4 cups zucchini (can mix the squash if desired) or 4 cups yellow squash, chopped into cubes (can mix the squash if desired)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Melt butter in skillet. Add squash, onions, salt and pepper, and spices. Cook until tender.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs and the cheese; add to the squash mixture.
- Line one 10 inch pie pan or a square pan with the rolled out cresent rolls. Spread 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard on the crust. Pour the squash mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.