Recipe by carolinafan
I love this recipe and the odd part is you use a yellow cake mix. Works wonderful.
Top Review by lisardh98
Have made these twice now, they are easy and very yummy! Anyone one make them. Instead of making crescent rolls, I spooned the batter into muffin tins, let them rise a seciond time and made dinner rolls. Much easier and less time consuming, just as good .
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (9 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- melted butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12 inch circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.