This is a country-style bread using no yeast. Make many variations to this bread for any occasion!
Make and share this Yeast Free Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Do not sift the flour!
- Mix liquids and add to dry.
- Stir until there is no more dry flour.
- Depending on the humidity of the air where you live you may need a little bit more or less liquid.
- The dough should be moist but not sticky.
- It may take a few minutes for the flour to fully absorb the liquid, so don't rush to add liquid or flour to it.
- Score lightly the surface in a diamond or X shape to prevent splitting of the crust.
- This is a country style bread that should be sliced thick.
- It is important not to overwork the dough.
- Shape into a ball or an oval, with oiled hands.
- Place on clean baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F.
- Variations: Rub the dough ball with virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt and oregano for a foccacia flavor.
- For tea time add a tsp pure cane sugar.
- The liquid can be replaced for orange or other fruit juice if the bread is to be used for teatime and you can even add dried chopped fruits.
- For a savory bread the liquid can be tomato juice and you can add chopped sundried tomatoes to the dough.
- Sprinkling of seeds in the dough or on top of the bread is also possible.