1/20 Photos of Yeast Free Bread
This is a country-style bread using no yeast. Make many variations to this bread for any occasion!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients.
- 2Do not sift the flour!
- 3Mix liquids and add to dry.
- 4Stir until there is no more dry flour.
- 5Depending on the humidity of the air where you live you may need a little bit more or less liquid.
- 6The dough should be moist but not sticky.
- 7It may take a few minutes for the flour to fully absorb the liquid, so don't rush to add liquid or flour to it.
- 8Score lightly the surface in a diamond or X shape to prevent splitting of the crust.
- 9This is a country style bread that should be sliced thick.
- 10It is important not to overwork the dough.
- 11Shape into a ball or an oval, with oiled hands.
- 12Place on clean baking sheet.
- 13Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F.
- 14Variations: Rub the dough ball with virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt and oregano for a foccacia flavor.
- 15For tea time add a tsp pure cane sugar.
- 16The liquid can be replaced for orange or other fruit juice if the bread is to be used for teatime and you can even add dried chopped fruits.
- 17For a savory bread the liquid can be tomato juice and you can add chopped sundried tomatoes to the dough.
- 18Sprinkling of seeds in the dough or on top of the bread is also possible.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yeast Free Bread
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1695.6
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 3784.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 263.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: