2 hrs 12 mins
Sort of half roll, half biscuit-great on either side you butter it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in water.
- 2Add the sugar, butter, milk, eggs, salt and whole wheat flour.
- 3Beat to smooth.
- 4Add enough unbleached flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1& 1/2 hours.
- 8Punch down dough and divide in half.
- 9Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 10On a floured surface roll out 1/2 of the dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- 11Cut with a 2-3 inch biscuit cutter.
- 12Place on a lightly greased baking sheets.
- 13Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 14Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 15You want them golden brown.
- 16Remove from oven and place in a cloth lined basket or cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yeast Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 178.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g