1/3 Photos of Yeast Biscuits
2 hrs 12 mins
These biscuits work every time and are really good for making ham biscuits or other 'sandwiches'. They hold up well and yet are tender with a wonderful flavor. Prep time includes rest time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water, set aside.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in order given; cut in shortening until the size of small Lima beans.
- 3Stir in buttermilk and yeast mixture.
- 4Cover bowl with towel and let sit until ready to use. (At least 1 hour, but it is fine if it sits for a couple hours.) Dough will be very sticky.
- 5Scrape out onto well floured board.
- 6Flip over and knead lightly (4-6 times).
- 7Roll out and cut with biscuit cutter.
- 8Place on greased pan and let raise slightly (10-30 minutes).
- 9Bake at 400 F until light brown, 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yeast Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.5
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 224.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g