Recipe by J e l i s a
Great finger food for parties--always a hit. Much easier to prepare if you have a food processor.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 green cabbage, boiled and diced, squeeze out excess water
- 2 green onions, cut thin
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 eggs, divided (one egg will be needed to seal wrapper)
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) packagessmall egg roll wraps (found near produce section)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep the ground beef in the fridge until you are done preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix ingredients in large bowl (it's best to use your hands like preparing a meatloaf).
- Scoop some of the mixture into a smaller bowl and keep the rest in the fridge until you are ready for it (wrapping is time consuming and you don't want the meat to be out any longer than it needs to be).
- Mix a raw egg in a small bowl or cup, or use a small bowl of water.
- Place a "sheet" of the egg roll wrap on work surface in front of you then spoon a teaspoonful of meat mixture into the center of the wrapper, dip finger into egg to spread it onto two adjoining edges of the wrapper and fold in half diagonally to seal it (will look like triangle).
- Press edges together and gently hold egg roll in hand and carefully squeeze out excess air as you are sealing.
- Deep fry until golden brown (for healthier method, steam/pan fry with less oil).
- Dipping sauce: Mix soy cause, red pepper and sesame seeds.