Recipe by Barb Conley
Had I not eaten this first, then read the recipe, I doubt I would have tried it--who lays awake at night dreaming this stuff up?
Top Review by JohnAndSusanInAdger
This has become my husband's and his two brother's favorite breakfast casserole! Make it on the weekend and then reheat individual servings in the microwave during the week. I use two packages of hot sausage and it is not too hot. I also add two 4 ounce cans of sliced mushrooms, drained. The title says it all - Ya Gotta Try It!!!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Jimmy Dean sausage (1 1/2#, I use one hot, one regular)
- 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies (yes)
- 2⁄3 cup Minute Rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup (or whatever cream of)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese (2 8oz pkg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage, set aside to cool (or put in fridge while prepping).
- Mix all other ingredients together (use a large bowl).
- Add cooled sausage (hot sausage makes the eggs weird).
- Fill lightly greased 9X13 pan.
- At this point, you may bake, refrigerate or freeze. If frozen, remove from freezer the night before serving.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- If it seems to be getting too brown, cover lightly with foil last 10 minutes or so.