Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Does anyone else think that recipes are just multiplying on their computers, deep in their files, while they sleep? I swear, every time I look, there are more. Haven't tried this yet, would love to hear if someone does. Original directions said it serves 8, 2 pts per slice, but I'd double check those points to be sure.
- 1 1⁄4 cups zucchini, Shredded and packed
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional for chocolate zucchini bread) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the shredded zucchini into a piece of cheesecloth and squeeze out any liquid (this is very important). Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Splenda, brown sugar, applesauce, egg and vanilla.
- In a medium-mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Spray a 1-quart loaf pan (I used glass) with butter flavored cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.