Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is out of the WW cookbook called "Simply the Best". It is outstanding! Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, cooked, picked over and flaked
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked linguine
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the scallions and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, crab, wine, lemon juice, pepper flakes, thyme and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the linguine, topped with the seafood mixture.
This recipe is right up my ally :D. 99.8% of the time the only salad dressing that I use is lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt (even in restaurants) so I knew that I was going to love this before I started. I subbed scallops for the crab as I had them in the freezer. It came out wonderful with the scallops . All in all. a great lighter meal that I would be happy to serve to company.
My husband and I didn't particularly love this recipe, however seeing as how it has so many wonderful ratings, it just must be our taste. We just did not think the dish had much flavor. I tossed all the ingredients together in one bowl before serving, and shredded a bit of fresh parmesan over top of each serving.
Other than cutting the red pepper flakes in half , made recipe as posted. Great flavor as we all enjoyed for lunch. Loved the lemon flavor. Great post. Made for PRMR tag.