Recipe by lazyme
We all know that you have to stir risotto for a long time. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds good and easy. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces arborio rice or 8 ounces other short-grain rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 12 thin asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces bay scallops
- 1 1⁄2 ounces asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart microwavable casserole, microwave oil on High (100% power) 30 seconds, until hot.
- Stir in onion; microwave on High 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice; microwave on High 2 minutes.
- Add broth and 2 cups water to rice mixture; stir to combine.
- Microwave on High 14 minutes, stirring after 7 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir asparagus into rice mixture; microwave on High 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallops; microwave on High 2 minutes, until scallops are opaque in center, rice is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir cheese, zest, juice, salt and pepper into rice mixture; stir until cheese is melted.
- SERVING (1 1/4 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 3/4 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Proteins, 2 Breads, 5 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 358 Calories, 7 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 31 mg Cholesterol, 411 mg Sodium, 51 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 21 g Protein, 132 mg Calcium; 7 points.