We all know that you have to stir risotto for a long time. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds good and easy. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces arborio rice or 8 ounces other short-grain rice
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 12 thin asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces bay scallops
- 1 1/2 ounces asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 1In 2-quart microwavable casserole, microwave oil on High (100% power) 30 seconds, until hot.
- 2Stir in onion; microwave on High 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in rice; microwave on High 2 minutes.
- 4Add broth and 2 cups water to rice mixture; stir to combine.
- 5Microwave on High 14 minutes, stirring after 7 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Stir asparagus into rice mixture; microwave on High 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in scallops; microwave on High 2 minutes, until scallops are opaque in center, rice is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 8Stir cheese, zest, juice, salt and pepper into rice mixture; stir until cheese is melted.
- 9SERVING (1 1/4 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 3/4 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Proteins, 2 Breads, 5 Optional Calories.
- 10PER SERVING: 358 Calories, 7 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 31 mg Cholesterol, 411 mg Sodium, 51 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 21 g Protein, 132 mg Calcium; 7 points.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Risotto With Scallops and Asparagus (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 290.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: