Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The launch of Weight Watchers Core Program is quickly inspiring recipes that use neither sugar nor flour. These tasty cakes can be served at breakfast or to accompany an entree. I made them with Ancho Chile Pork Chops and got raves.
- Mix yogurt, water and egg together in bowl; add in cornmeal and baking powder and stir together until batter is moist.
- If you like sweeter cakes, especially for breakfast, add Splenda at same time.
- Let batter stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Quickly fold in corn and grated onions.
- Heat pan over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray; add batter to the pan in spoonfuls.
- For best results, keep the cakes 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Let first side cook until tops is dry around the edges; turn and cook other side.
- Serve with a dollop of soft yogurt cheese.
These are very easy to prepare, and the texture is wonderful - these came out so fluffy! When eaten plain, I did notice a tangy after taste from the yogurt (perhaps the brand I used?), but served with some sort of topping, it worked great. We tried it two ways - one sweet with honey topping, and the other was savoury, topped with chicken tinga, sour cream, pico de gallo, and green onions. Thanks for sharing!
excellent alternative comfort food!
Yumm! I fixed these for myself one morning while fixing pancakes for my family. I didn't have any plain yogurt, so I used vanilla ff yogurt, and only added about half of the splenda. I also added about a tsp of salt. Hubby and I both LOVED them! We dipped them in some sugar free syrup. Very filling and delicious!