Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
another weight watchers recipe
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks (visible fat trimmed)
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium green peppers (cut in 1 1/2" squares)
- 3 medium tomatoes (each cut in 6 wedges)
- 2 cups lightly cooked bean sprouts
- Preheat rack for broiling.
- Broil meat 4" from heat in a broiling pan designed to allow extra fat to flow away from meat.
- Cook until brown on all sides, turning only once.
- This should take 10-12 minutes.
- Cut steak into very thin slices and place on a platter.
- Mix soya sauce, water garlic, sherry, salt and pepper, pour over steak slices.
- Heat a nonstick pan and lightly brown the green peppers.
- Pour the liquid from the steak platter into the pan with the peppers.
- Cook until peppers are barely tender.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute or so, until tomatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in steak mixture.
- Serve over lightly cooked or streamed bean sprouts.
- Note: to lightly cook bean sprouts, cover them with boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes.