another weight watchers recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks (visible fat trimmed)
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium green peppers (cut in 1 1/2" squares)
- 3 medium tomatoes (each cut in 6 wedges)
- 2 cups lightly cooked bean sprouts
- 1Preheat rack for broiling.
- 2Broil meat 4" from heat in a broiling pan designed to allow extra fat to flow away from meat.
- 3Cook until brown on all sides, turning only once.
- 4This should take 10-12 minutes.
- 5Cut steak into very thin slices and place on a platter.
- 6Mix soya sauce, water garlic, sherry, salt and pepper, pour over steak slices.
- 7Heat a nonstick pan and lightly brown the green peppers.
- 8Pour the liquid from the steak platter into the pan with the peppers.
- 9Cook until peppers are barely tender.
- 10Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute or so, until tomatoes are soft but not mushy.
- 11Remove pan from heat and stir in steak mixture.
- 12Serve over lightly cooked or streamed bean sprouts.
- 13Note: to lightly cook bean sprouts, cover them with boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for WW Chinese Beef with Peppers and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1597.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g