Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of the WW cookbook called "15-Minute Cookbook" dated 1998. I have it marked as being really good! It's a quick and easy dish to prepare. I have just used chopped onion in place of the frozen. If you do use the frozen make sure to drain well so gravy isn't watered down. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well. Shape meat mixture into 4 equal patties, 1/4 inch thick.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Place patties in skillet, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- While patties cook, thaw onion by placing in a strainer or colander under warm running water. (I just chop up fresh, about 2 1/2 cups). Drain well.
- Transfer patties to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Add onion, sugar, and vinegar to skillet; cook 4 minutes over medium heat or until onion mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour onion mixture over patties, and serve immediately.
We loved this simple and healthy recipe, finding the seasoning in the beef to be spot on. I did use fresh onion instead of frozen and used Splenda in place of regular sugar. These turned out prefect and look forward to enjoying again. Thanks for the post.
I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. This was different but good. Easy to make.
I loved the sweetness and sour of the onions. I used fresh onions. Is a keeper. Made for 123 Hits.