Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Top Secret Recipes, LITE!"
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mahi mahi fillets, skinned
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 -3 drops liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon butter substitute (melted)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (Watkins is best)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cut the mahi-mahi into 4 equal portions. Be sure to remove the skin.
- Combine the water and liquid smoke in a small bowl. Brush this solution over the entire surface of each piece of fish.
- Brush the melted butter over the entire surface of each piece of fish.
- Sprinkle a generous portion of lemon-pepper seasoning on top of each piece of fish, then grill the fish with this side down on the grill. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over the top of each piece.
- Grill for 5-6 min each side, then serve hot with rice and veggies.
- 7 Points per serving (1 fillet).
This was simple to make, but we felt that it was kind of bland. The basting mixture was very thin, and after grilling, the only thing we could taste on the fish was pepper. Maybe I'll try making the butter mixture in a saucepan next time, and pour it on the fish when it's served.
While simple, it was rather bland.
Nobody in my family liked this. There just wasn't much flavor.