Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From ww magazine.
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 1⁄2 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 0.5 (10 ounce) packagepackage carved roasted skinless chicken breasts, cut into smaller chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium-hot fire.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add onions and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread half of each tortilla with 1/4 of the avocado.
- Then top each one with 3tbsp cheese, 1/4 of the onion mixture, 1/4 of the chicken, and 1/4 of the cilantro.
- Fold the top half of the tortilla over the filling to form a semicircle. Press edges lightly to seal.
- Place quesadillas on grill rack and grill until cheese melts, filling is hot, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 7 Points per serving (1 quesadilla).
These are absolutely wonderful...used the George Foreman and I subbed Turkey bacon for the chicken because that's what I was craving and added a little Tabasco. VERY GOOD! Can't wait to make these again! Thanks for a great recipe!
Oh my goodness are these delicious! What a great idea. I used a cheddar and monterey jack soy cheese blend and bell pepper instead of jalapeño (personal preference). The onions and peppers smelled so yummy cooking, and the flavors all melded together so well in the finished product. My only problem was that the temperature seemed to have been way too hot for my grill, since the outside got pretty charred and crispy. I've had other similar issues, though, so I don't blame it on this recipe... but I will try it on med or med-low next time instead. There will definitely be a next time. Thanks for a real keeper, mariposa!