Recipe by mariposa13
From ww magazine.
Top Review by Milkman's Daughter
These are absolutely wonderful...used the George Foreman and I subbed Turkey bacon for the chicken because that's what I was craving and added a little Tabasco. VERY GOOD! Can't wait to make these again! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 1⁄2 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 0.5 (10 ounce) packagepackage carved roasted skinless chicken breasts, cut into smaller chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium-hot fire.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add onions and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread half of each tortilla with 1/4 of the avocado.
- Then top each one with 3tbsp cheese, 1/4 of the onion mixture, 1/4 of the chicken, and 1/4 of the cilantro.
- Fold the top half of the tortilla over the filling to form a semicircle. Press edges lightly to seal.
- Place quesadillas on grill rack and grill until cheese melts, filling is hot, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 7 Points per serving (1 quesadilla).