Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From WW site.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope sugar-free hot cocoa mix
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 3 -4 dashes butter-flavored cooking spray (3-4 spritzes)
- 8 cups plain air popped popcorn
- In small bowl, combine cocoa mix and cocoa powder.
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl or bag.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray, tossing as needed.
- Add cocoa mixture and toss to coat.
- Store in air-tight container.
I used a bag of low fat microwave popcorn, and skipped the spray. I used 1 packet of "diet hot cocoa" though I think the size was smaller than called for and, based on toni's review, 1/2 tbsp. of cocoa powder. I agree that cinnamon would be good, and I even think we could reduce the cocoa powder to 2 tsp. That said, the kids enjoyed this as an after school snack which is what I was going for. Thanks.
I saw this and decided it would be a fun option for my favorite snack. I do Core so popcorn is a staple. I liked the cocoa mix but thought the plain cocoa was too much. Wondering if half the stated amount would work better and maybe even a cinnamon. Definitely a good recipe and one that I will tinker with to make again to suit my own peculiar tastes. Thanks for a great idea!