Recipe by Baby Kato
This has got to be the worlds easiest fudge to make, only 3 ingredients. Make sure to use fresh walnuts and pure maple syrup. The better the quality the better the fudge....Enjoy!
Top Review by StickyToffee
So delicious and easy! I've made fudge since I was a kid and was skeptical that a liquid mixture without sugar could ever set up into fudge but I was wrong. It took longer than normal to reach the softball stage though. I substituted half & half for the cream and added 2 teaspoons of corn syrup because I didn't want a grainy fudge, and also 2 T of butter to make it richer.
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large platter with plastic wrap.
- Pour the maple syrup and whipping cream into a deep pan.
- Properly fix the candy thermometer in the pan so not to touch the sides of the pan, or the bottom of the pan, leave at least a half inch space from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook on medium-high heat.
- Occasionally stir gently until thermometer reads 235 degrees (this will take about 20- 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl, make sure not to scrap the bottom of the pot.
- Allow the fudge mixture to cool for 5 minutes without stirring.
- With a wooden spoon gently stir the chopped walnuts into the fudge for about 3 - 4 minute.
- When fudge starts to hold its shape without stirring gently scrap onto prepared platter, score into squares and store in a n airtight container.