Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very simple and fast recipe for sugar cookies. They are delicious, tasty and are always a great desert for guest or kids.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- In a small pan, melt the butter.
- While its still hot, add sugar.
- Then let cool for a while.
- While the butter mixture is cooling, mix the flour, soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg lighlty with a fork, then add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture.
- Now add the butter, egg, and vanilla mixture into the flour mixture.
- Stir again.
- Stir everything until its all mixed up well and put the bowl in the refrigerator to cool for about an hour.
- About 5-10 minutes before you take them out, turn your oven on to 375 degrees.
- When time's up, get your cookie sheet and smear with a little butter or crisco.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls.
- (For a better taste you could sprinkle some sugar on top of the walnut-shaped pieces of dough.) Place them on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Don't OVERCOOK!
- You want your cookies to be moist and chewy.
- Let them cool for about 15 minutes and then their ready to eat!
easy and yummy!
These were the best cookies I have ever tasted !