These are the best sugar cookies I have ever had. Quantity is a guesstimate - it depends on the size of your cookie cutter. Be careful not to overbake.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Stir in well-beaten egg, then milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Chill, covered in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Roll dough out to 1/8" thick on a floured board.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet at 375F for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.
- Decorate, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more