Ann's Soft Sugar Cookies
photo by Juju Bee
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
2-3 dozen cookies
- Mix together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract in a large bowl.
- In another bowl stir together flour, soda, and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each half to 3/16 of an inch.
- Cut out shapes as desired and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on cookie sheets for about 8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are the best sugar cookies EVER!! This is a Betty Crocker recipe from a cookbook printed in the 60's or 70's. It's the book I grew up with. A great frosting for these cookies is from the same book. The recipe follows: 1/3 cup soft butter 3 cups confectioners sugar 1 1/2 tsp vanilla 2-3 Tbsp milk Cream butter and sugar with liquids. It dries thick like a cake frosting, but it goes well with this cookie!! Enjoy
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mother of three (one grown, one in middle school and one in high school). I have grandchildren who we invite over regularly to spend the night. We have lots of fun and a very full house! I do all of the baking and my husband cooks all the dinners. He loves to BBQ and cook and he is GOOD at it! He is wonderful with the children and I appreciate him so! I enjoy gardening, crafts, sewing, and crocheting, pets, and all kinds of "kid fun". If I had a month off I would spend it somewhere on the coast with just my sweetie and a view of the sea. I would miss the kids terribly so I would have them visit us in the hotel (that of course has room service) on Thursdays,Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for swimming, walks, beach-combing, dune climbing and dune buggy rides, movies, church, and the hottub!