GOD is this good! But...You HAVE to use fresh pumpkin...None of that canned nonsence!
Make and share this World's Best Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 2 cups almonds (chopped)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temp.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin (drained very well)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese (room temp.) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (room temp.) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven 350.
- Combine the nuts, flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl beat butter at medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Add dry mix and milk, alternating 1 cup at a time until incorporated.
- Pour into 2 sprayed loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Let cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Remove to racks. Brush with syrup. Let cool.
- If desired beat together the cream cheese, butter, honey and sugar until smooth.
- Serve with bread.
Not sure my late grandmother would agree with the name of this recipe, but it gave hers a run for the money :) and since I don't have her recipe (no one does :( ) this one will do from now on! Lots of flavors going on here. I had some pumpkin left from one I roasted for soup. I used the brown sugar, but used Splenda for the granulated sugar. Worked fine! Thanks for posting this keeper!