Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
For those who want to put on some weight, here's good cake!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- chocolate chips (for garnishing, optional)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl now whip the cream until stiff.
- Add in eggs to the bowl that contains the whipped cream.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and essence and beat again.
- Add sifted ingredients gradually to mixture and beat well after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch round pan.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with some chocolate sauce, garnish with some chocolate chips and enjoy!
This is such a delicious cake. I make it often and its so tempting to just lick the bowl!
Great recipe. It looks just great served with the chocolate syrup over and around it. Thanks.
I've made this cake quite a few times, and although it doesnt raise as much as box cakes..it is so delicious. My husband and children love it!!