Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (I use a little less, unpacked)
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (may substitute xanthan gum ~ corn derived)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice plus 1/8 tsp ground cloves plus 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (or I use 1/3 tsp Another Allspice Substitute (Halal) plus 1 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar or 2 teaspoons gf baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla, paste (Add a bit more if you use the typical vanilla)
- 1 large egg (or use 2 Ener-G egg replacer eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup balkan yogurt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Combine both mixtures.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and shredded zucchini.
- Let batter sit 15 minutes.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins generously.
- Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
This recipe was an experimenting field for us.
I did not get brown rice flour and I'm really sorry for that.
I tried with sweet (glutinous) rice flour first. They turned out super yummy, jelly like (as I was using the same flour as for Japanese mochi), but really not what I supposed to get. See photo in the garden on grass.
The second time I tried out with conventional wheat flour. Also these turned out super yummy and this time fluffy as supposed. We enjoyed these with #456836.
My children could not decide which the best are. :wink:
In this case a double thanks for the delicious spice combination and for offering us this recipe.
Note: I used 12 medium sized muffins silcon molds as this are the biggest I have.