Gluten Free Zucchini Crust Pizza (Delicious!)
I got this from Whole Approach.com, submitted by Ruth Denomme. The only thing I changed was using pizza sauce instead of the tomatoes. Even the zucchini haters liked it and it tastes like a regular pizza crust. We did have to eat it with a fork though, bcz the crust isn't as firm as regular crust.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed to get water out
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, combine zucchini, eggs and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Add flour and salt; stir well.
- Spread onto the bottom of a 12-in. pizza pan (or a jelly roll pan) coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8-13 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Remove pizza and sprinkle with mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted.