Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Really nice salad and easy--came from Ray Overton.
- 2 lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flavored olive oil (I chop basil and infuse the oil for 1/2 hr or so)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 12 cups lettuce (bibb, Boston, Romaine, frisee and Belgian endive)
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, , lightly toasted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- season scalops with salt and fresh pepper.
- Heat the flavored oil in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add scallops and saute.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the rasp.
- vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and poppyseeds.
- Add olive oil in a steady stream.
- Set aside.
- Toss the lettuce, scallops, mushrooms, walnuts and raspberries.
- Pour vinaigrette over the top or pass it around.