Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great soup for lunch or light dinner served with Cheesy Chive Muffins.
Make and share this Winter Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil and a large pan and cook the garlic and leek, stirring until the leek is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for about 40 minutes, making sure the vegetables are tender.
- Blend or process the mixture in batches until puréed (you can freeze at this stage).
- Return soup to pan and stir over heat until hot.
- This goes well with Cheesy Chive Muffins (Recipe #73071) for a lunch.
This was a wonderful, hearty soup with lots of delicious vegetables. The only substitution I made was to use butternut squash instead of pumpkin--pumpkins won't be back until next fall. I left in a few chunks of vegetables for texture. Bread and salad rounded out our meal. Thanks Latchy.
This is a thick and flavorful soup. We had it for dinner with some fresh rolls. Magnificent! My family loved it! I used sweet onions instead of leeks, and butternut squash instead of pumpkin. It's perfect for a cold night. I will certainly make this again often. Thanks, Latchy.