Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I made this lamb soup with on hand ingredients, so feel free to substitute your favourites. This is a fairly thick soup so if a thinner more broth type is desired just add less, or omit the gravy powder. Great hearty soup perfect for cold winter nights.
- 750 g lamb, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 leeks, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (40 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dry gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Season lamb with salt and pepper (if using) add oil to fry pan, browning lamb in batches.
- Add lamb to crock pot with all ingredients except fresh dill.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add dill stir and leave for 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.