Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a take on the classic massaged kale salad. This recipe takes it in a more fall-like direction with the addition of thyme and walnuts, but you could certainly use any of your favorite herbs and nuts. From ThriveForward.com, republished from “Everyday Raw Detox” by Meredith Baird and Matthew Kenney. Matthew Kenney is the world's leading raw chef. Enjoy!
- 1 large head kale, stalks removed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head swiss chard, stalks removed and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (or walnut oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 apple, cored and chopped (preferably gala)
- 1 cup golden raisin, chopped (or Inca berries)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil (or walnut oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Massage kale and Swiss chard with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt to break down the fibers.
- Once the salad is wilted, toss in apple and raisins or Inca berries.
- In a separate bowl, toss the walnuts with thyme, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the walnuts with the salad. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and walnuts, if desired.