Winter Greens and Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 lb greens (I like kale, but you can use any green or a mixture)
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 small dried red chili, seeds removed, torn into pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5-7 minutes until tender. Remove with a strainer, reserving cooking liquid.
- Wash the greens well and then chop, removing tough stems. Cook the greens until done in the potato water.
- Sautee the chilies and potatoes in water in a large skillet for 1 minute. Add the greens, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the potatoes and mixing everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation