Recipe by baezus
This is another of our family's traditional cake for Rosh Hashanah. We are not big honey cake fans. This is the very easy to make moist sweet cake for a sweet New Year that my mom used to make.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sherry wine (or any sweet wine can be substituted)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar, margarine, and eggs. Add the remaining ingredients. Bake 1 hour or until done at 325 degrees in a loaf pan.
- [If you use a red wine the color will look odd before baking. It is fine after baking. If it bothers you -- stick to white wines.].