Recipe by Barb_G
Perfect appley accompaniment to pork chops. Takes just a few minutes to prep, but then slow-cooks in the oven for 2 hours.
- 1 red cabbage
- 2 red onions
- 2 apples
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces red wine
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar (also known as raw sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (340 F)
- Core and chop the cabbage.
- Peel & slice onions.
- Peel, core & finely chop apples.
- Combine all ingredients in pot.
- Cover and place in preheated oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally and checking to ensure it has enough moisture. Add a small amount of water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.